top of page

Sat 29th Sept 2018 - Marr v Kelso 1st XV (45-12)

1st Team Sheet.jpg

Tennant’s  National League Division 1

Kelso 12 Marr 45 half time 0-26

Kelso set off to Ayrshire to play the recently relegated Marr, who were currently on a good run of form and near the top of the division. The Kelso squad was much changed form the previous week due to a series of injuries, unavailability and some players setting off back to University. As the theme runs down the club, the second team match was cancelled and emergency front row cover was needed.
Kelso had the advantage of a strong wind in the first half but did not make the best use of it. They lost the experienced Gregor Mein to injury after only 5 minutes play causing upset in the team with the various rearrangements which were required to be made. They had an early chance with a long range penalty, which was unsuccessful, and held their line intact until well into the half. Around the half hour mark, Marr opened up and scored 4 tries between then and half time through hooker, Ollie Rossi, centre, Gregor Paxton and 2 by wing Tom Steven. Full back, Liam McLoughlin, converted all of these tries with the exception of the first one to take the hosts 26-0 ahead at half time.
A further converted try by Steven was followed by an interception try by Arran Jackson to open Kelso’s account. Craig Dods also went over for a try which he converted but late tries by replacement Stephen Adair and Conor Bickerstaff, whose try was converted by McLoughlin completed the scoring and sent Kelso to the foot of the league with Dundee winning on the road at Cartha Queens Park.  
Kelso team: Murray Hastie, Ryan Ford , Phil Hume, Gregor Mein, Arran Jackson, Craig Dods, Andy Tait, Blair Robertson, Charlie Marshall, Rhys Morgan, Cameron Brown, Cormac Izuchukwu, Kevin Dryden, Kevin Wilson, Callum Butler
Replacements: Ross Clark, Gregg Purcell, Andrew Thomson, Jack Walker and Connor Gillon
Kelso scorers: Arran Jackson 1 try and Craig Dods 1 try and 1 con

bottom of page